Hello stampers and welcome to the Seashore Stampers Blog Hop! Settle back with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the hop. This month's theme is stocking stuffer/gift idea.
I had to really work on whittling down my idea for a Christmas stocking stuffer for this post but I settled on this wonderful mini purse - I absolutely love it! My inspiration came from a UK Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Bibi Cameron, and she had done an absolutely wonderful job in creating a video tutorial that is really, really helpful. You will find the link to her beautiful post here :)
I tweaked the dimensions a wee bit to allow for the 11" x 8.5" cardstock size we usually use here in North America. You will find those details at the end of this post. All you need for this project is two sheets of cardstock in the choice of your favorite colors - isn't that neat? I thought so! Just imagine how may mini purse combinations you could make......Enjoy:
|Two color combinations and I already know who are getting these beauties in their stockings!|
|Close-up of the Cucumber Crush and Pink Pirouette purse. and|
I used a Basic Pearl in the centre of the flower accent.
|Closer view of the Dapper Denim and Soft Sky version - I forgot to mention |
I also used the Botanical Builder Framelits for the flower accents.
And I used a Basic Rhinestone in the middle here.
Bet you can't make just one.....just thought I would mention that. Now please continue your hop and have fun.
Stampin' Up! Products used (and any two pieces of cardstock colors of your choice):
Tips for North American stampers:
1. From your base cardstock color: 11" x 5"strip; 11" x 2 1/4"strip; and 1" strip (you will notice you use up the whole cardstock piece - how cool is that!?!
2. From contrasting cardstock color strip 11" x 5": 2 piece cut 5" x 3 1/4" and remainder used to glue to back of flap and then die cut out.
1. On the 11" side of the 11" x 5" base cardstock piece: 3/8", 3/4", 4", 5 1/4" 8 1/2" and 9".
2. On the short side of the 11" x 2 1/4" strip: 1/2", 1 1/8" and 1 3/4".
3. On the short side of the 11" x 1" strip: 3/8" and 5/8".