Monday, November 14, 2016

Reindeer Treat Box

Happy Monday everyone!

Today I created a treat box using the lovely reindeer from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set.  The box itself really came together quite easily and I only needed one sheet of 11" x 7" cardstock!  This project lends itself very well for a table setting for Christmas, and also for the upcoming US Thanksgiving.

I used two delicate doilies cut into quarters and then, once attached to the back
of the DSP piece, trimmed any exposed doiley pieces.

I used retired  Dazzling Details in Cherry Cobbler for the nose,
a cherry cobbler enamble heart, and basic pearls to dress up
my reindeer tag!

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week!










Stampin' Up! Products I used:
Tips to recreate this treat box:
  1. Cut cardstock base (I used Crushed Curry) to 11" x 7" and  score along the 11" side at: 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" and 10".  On the 7" side, score at:  2 1/2" and 5" (you will have a shorter section for the top flapdown.
  2.  Cut your Designer Series Paper as follows:
    • 4 pieces at 2" square
    • 5 pieces at 2" x 1 1/4"   
3.  Cut your two doilies into 4 sections (or quarters).
4.  Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock 4 1/4" x 2" and punch one short end using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
5. Assemble Box (It would take me too long to explain in words here, so please google boxes online and see what others have done to assemble their boxes - this is a very popular box.  I hope to take a picture of a scored and cut sample piece of the cardstock box before assembly and will post it here when I do).
6.  Attach/glue the doily sections to the backs of your DSP sections (four for the box sides, and four for the flaps attached with the Kraft Rope).
7. Punch holes on each side of the box flaps  1 1/4" down from the fold of the box top.
8. Run your Kraft Rope through each set of adjoining holes and tie a knot (I kept my rope on the role as I went down the first hole from the front of one side and then up the adjoining hold on the next flap.  Then i tied the knot and cut the rope away from the role.  This way there is no wastage and you have something to hang onto when you tie the knot.  I ended up using about 4" per tied section.)
9. Stamp your Reindeer with Early Expresso Ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock (you can also use watercolor paper or Shimmery White - I am presently out of both and need to order more.  The watercolor paper and the Shimmery White cardstock allow you to blend the ink with your blender pen more easily).
10.  Using Crumb Cake ink and your blender pen, color in your happy reindeer! Now punch him/her out using the Cookie Cutter punch (reminder: stamp your reindeer upside down from the edge of the cardstock so you can easily punch him/her out - or you can trim cardstock to get punch into stamped shape correctly :)).
11. Stamp saying of your choice onto the bottom of the tag first (I used Early Expresso ink). 
12. Then apply the strip of Designer Series Paper just above.
13. Attach your Reindeer using Stampin' Dimensionals (I used 2).
14.  Attach one enamel heart from the Regals set.
15.  Attach some basic pearls too.
16.  Color in your reindeer nose if you wish (I used retired Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details).
17.  I applied a tiny dot of White Stampin' Chalk Marker to each of the Reindeer's black eyes.
18. Last, run 12" of Kraft Rope through the hole at the top of the tag and secure to your goodie bag.
Now, enjoy your efforts and see who you would like to give your creation to!


1 comment:

  1. So adorable Bruni! So sweet of you to always take the time to share your instructions, because I know the time involved in doing so. Your customers are lucky. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete