Saturday, December 31, 2016

Blog Hop December 2016 - Happy New Year Card



Hello stampers and welcome to the Seashore Stampers' December 2016 Blog Hop.  Please, sit back and enjoy your hop (I personally suggest a lovely cuppa of your choice, and maybe a snack, to keep you energized).  

I have a New Year's card to share - I used bright colors for my focal image and stamped the greeting in Basic Black.  The edges were also sponged using the same ink colors as used in the matting - and yes, there is quite a bit of matting here: five layers to be exact! The stamped focal point and the card base are layers 5 and 6, if you want count all the layers!  I hope you like it.


Doesn't the stardust spray remind you of fireworks?


Close-up so you can see the inked colors in the stardust spray


Inside of card - you can see the sponging along the edges!





You can see a bit of the sponging along the bottom edge here as well as the details of where
I placed the rhinestones and where I placed the glitter.

Now onto the next blog on this hop, or back to the previous blog on this hop (are you tired yet? :)):


Adrienne's Blog

Erica's Blog










Happy Inky Smiles and Cheers to a very Happy New Year!








Stampin' Up! Products used:



Tips to help you recreate this card:
Cut:
Card base is Bermuda Bay:  8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Mat layer #1 in Basic Black: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Mat layer #2 in Pumpkin Pie:  5 1/4" x 4"
Mat layer #3 in Crushed Curry:  5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Mat layer #4 in Melon Mambo:  5" x 3 3/4"
Mat layer #5 in Basic Black:  4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Stamped focal piece in Whisper White:  4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
For inside of card:  Whisper White 5" x 3 3/4"
Next:
1.  Ink up the greeting with Basic Black ink and stamp at the bottom right hand corner.
2.  Ink up the sparkly spray using sponge daubers as follows:  bottom part of spray is Bermuda Bay; top portion of spray is Crushed Curry; the spray portions in between I sponged with Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo - but please feel free to try your own combinantion (even change up the colors if you want!)
3.  Without reinking the spray - stamp it onto the Whisper White card piece for the inside of your card.
3.  Using sponges I then went around the edges of the Whisper White stamped card pieces (including the piece for the inside) inking up sections using the same ink colors:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry.
4. I then used my snail to attach each incrimental mat piece to the stamped art piece - the last being the whole matted piece to the Bermuda Bay cardstock!
5.  You might want to consider using extra matting pieces too for the inside of the card - I didn't this time round, but I want to try it again with one or two cardstock colored mats.
6.  I applied Basic Rhinestones to the stamped card piece and then I used my retired 2-way glue pen to apply glue to random areas on the inked spray and then applied my Dazzling Diamonds glitter as a finishing touch!  You can use the Fine Tip Glue bottle as well for this!
Enjoy your card and I hope it brings a smile to your heart.

2 comments:

  1. A card as beautiful as you are. Happy New Year to you and M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, sparkly card. Happy New Year to you two! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete