Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Birthday - Avant Garden CASE Card

Hello Stampers!
Welcome to today's post!
I am still working with the Avant Garden Stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I have not gotten tired yet creating  with this stamp set - it is so versatile - and it works well with other stamp sets too! 

What I did this time round is CASE the card from page 5 of the 2017 Sale-A-Bration Brochure put out by Stampin' Up! and I did it in two colorways (oranges and then greens). Which one will you make?
Enjoy!
The first card is using Peekaboo Peach and Tangerine Tango cardstock
The second card I made (because a fellow stamping buddy loves the color green)
using Emerald Envy and Pumpkin Pie cardstock
Close-up of card front showing placement details
Inside of cards (I used same image and placement in both cards)
Both cards side-by-side for comparison

Have a wonderfully crafty week and see you again here soon!









Stampin' Up Products Used:

Tips to re-create the card:
Cut:
Peekaboo Peach (Emerald Envy): 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" (stamped piece) and 5 1/4" x 4" for the inside of the card
Scrap of Whisper White to stamp flower spray and greeting 2" x 4"
Scrap of Mint Macaron 4" x 1/2" (one end gets a diagonal cut and then the ribbon goes on top)
Scrap of Tangerine Tango (Pumpkin Pie) to punch out a 2" circle
Next:
1.  Using Hardwood background stamp, ink up with Mint Macaron and place your smaller Whisper White cardstock over inked image and ink the "wood image" (Once I have placed my Whisper White onto the background stamp, I like place a piece of scrap typewriter paper over the whole thing and then I run my brayer over the whole stamp to get my image onto the cardstock - and it keeps my brayer clean from ink!).
2.  Attach the inked cardstock to your card base.
3.  Ink up the flower spray with Basic Black ink and stamp onto scrap piece of Whisper White (then, without re-inking, stamp the flower spray onto the "inside" piece of Whisper White cardstock. (For the orange card, I stamped the black inked image off first before I stamped it onto my scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock giving me a lighter impression of the image to color.
4. Color your inked spray using Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Mint Macaron inks and the blender pen (I pick up my ink with the blender pen and then color the image).
5. Fussy cut your colored image being careful not to damage the stem of the flower spray.
6. Ink up greeting of your choice with Basic Black ink and stamp onto scrap of Whisper White cardstock.
7.Fussy cut greeting as desired (look at photos for ideas).
8.  Punch circle out of Tangerine Tango (Pumpkin Pie)cardstock and emboss using the Woodgrain TIEF.
9.  Cut one end of a 4" strip of Peekaboo 3/8" Ruched ribbon (Emerald Envy) diagonally before applying to the Mint Macaron strip of cardstock with Fast Fuse adhesive. Then cut the cardstock diagonally to shadow the diagonally cut ribbon end. 
10.  Cut gold (silver) metallic doily in half and apply one half doily to back of ribboned Mint Macaroon piece as shown in photo.
11. Apply ribbon/doily strip to card using adhesive of choice (I used Multipurpose glue).
12. Attach the other half doily to back of embossed circle and then attach circle to card base with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown (the circle goes off the right edge of the card and you then cut the overhanging put of the circle flush with the card edge.
13. Now apply your colored and fussy cut flower spray to the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals (I applied dimesions to the the flower head part of the cut image).
14.  Using about 6" or 8" of linen thread tie a bow around the stem as shown in photo and place a mini glue dot behind the bow knot to keep it in place.  I then tied a small knot to each of the ribbon ends.
15.  Glue your greeting in place as shown.
16.  Apply Pearl Basic Jewels (Rhinestone Basic Jewels) to the card as shown (and/or as desired!).
17. Apply Wink of Stella over the flower heads on the spray.
Whoo-hoo, you are done!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment