I hope you had a lovely weekend and for those of us in British Columbia, we get to enjoy Family Day today! Whoo-hoo!
Now, we have been having quite the winter weather lately and it appears we are slowly getting back to normal. We usually do not get the amount of snow we have had lately: it's usually rain! But, the sunshine has been a wonderful bonus! I also got more of a workout than ususal this last week getting my muscles to work in sync shovelling snow away from the driveway :)
So, is it Spring yet?!
I have made a cheerful birthday card with Spring in mind! I hope you like it and want to give it a try. I really love the Avant Garden stamp set and one can earn it free when you spend $60.00 Cdn. of Stampin' Up! product. Bonus!
|Card with envelope|
|Closeup of card front|
|Inside of card|
|Close-up of envelope|
I am wishing you a fun and creative week - along with a Happy Valentine's Day! Until next week....
Stampin' Up Products Used:
Tips to recreate this card:
Whisper White Thick cardstock (card base): 11" x 4 1/4"
Cucumber Crush mat: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Whisper White stamp piece: 5 1/4" x 4"
1. Fold your card base in half to create your card ( 5 1/2" by 4 1/4"
2. Ink up your flower image with Daffodil Delight and then sponge a bit of Tangerine Tango wherever you wish (I inked the bottom center portion of the flower image).
3. Stamp your inked flower image onto your Whisper White card piece once and then once again without reinking (you will also get a third image that is very light, so this option is up to you).
4. Once you are happy with your stamped flowers, change to the leaf image and ink up with Cucumber Crush.
5. Stamp the leaf image two or three times before reinking (see photo for placement ideas).
6. Ink up the flower center image with Early Expresso and stamp over your flowers.
7. Ink up your greeting of choice and stamp onto your stamped piece.
8. Attach your beautiful stamped piece to the Cucumber Crush mat using either snail or multipurpose liquid glue.
9. Now attach your matted stamped piece to your card base.
10. Attach Rhinestone Basic Jewels randomly to your stamped piece (see photo for placement ideas).
11. Apply Clear Wink of Stella to the flower centers.
12. I also stamped the flower image to the inside of my card and then I also stamped the flower and leaf images (and my greeting) onto an envelope.
13. Sign your card and you are done! Admire and send off to someone you know (if you can :) You might need to make another one - I did!)