Thank you for stopping by today.
I hope you find some creative inspiration here. I enjoyed making a floral birthday card at the request of a fellow co-worker. I used a combination of Stampin' Up!'s stamp sets: Sunburst Sayings and Flower Shop.
|Close-up of card front|
|Close-up of inside of card|
|Inside of card and envelope|
Have a wonderful week and I hope to see you again soon!
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Tips to recreate this card:
Card base: Island Indigo cardstock cut 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (folded in half to create you card base)
Mat in Sahara Sand: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Mat in Blooms & Bliss DSP: 5 1/4" x 4"
Inside card in Very Vanilla: 5 1/4" x 4" and strip of DSP: 5 1/4" x 1/2"
Scrap of Very Vanilla for stamping flowers and greeting
Scrap of DSP for envelope
1. Attach Sahara Sand mat piece to card base with glue or tape.
2. Attach DSP mat Sahara Sand mat piece with glue or tape.
3. Stamp 3 flowers using Mint Macaron and Island Indigo ink and punch out using matching flower punch (oops, forgot to list in supplies - it is called Pansy punch and is item 130698).
4. Stamp 3 flowers using Blushing Bride ink and again punch out using matching punch (it is called Petite Petals punch and is item 133322). (you can also just fussy cut out the flowers if you don't have the punches - just takes a bit of time but a nice thing to do in front of the TV).
5. Take the ribbon straight from the roll and before cutting, start by tying about 5 knots down the length of the ribbon taking up about 9" of ribbon. Cut knotting ribbon from roll after you have created the length you desire to glue down onto card front. Play with shaping right on your card and then apply the ribbon to card front using Glue Dots along strategic spots along the ribbon (I left areas free so the ribbon mianders over the card front area and allowing space to place flower petals underneith the ribbon (play and have fun here!)
6. Shape your flower petals as desired and then glue to card (use photos above for placement ideas).
7. Stamp greeting with Island Indigo Ink onto scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and punch or cut out (I used the retired Window Punch).
8. Apply to card front as desired (see photos).
9. Apply Pearl Basic Jewels to card front as desired and then apply glue and Dazzling Details to the centers of your large flowers.
10. Stamp inside greeting using Mint Macaron and Island Indigo inks.
11. Stamp hearts on inside of card using Blushing Bride.
12. Attach strip of DSP to inside of card.
13. Make and decorate an envelope as desired (I glued a scrap piece of DSP down the left hand side of the envelope and then I punched out a couple of hearts and glued those to the envelope too!)
Voila! Now sign your masterpiece and send off to someone special!