Monday, March 27, 2017

Beautiful Magnets - Stampin' Up Style!

Hello and Happy Monday!

Today I wish to share with you very cute and practical project I learned how to make at our Stampin' Up! Demo meeting held recently!  Susan, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!

We had a variety of choices but this is the sweet little fridge magnet I made using some Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper, ink, stamps, mat board and the Layering Squares Framelit dies.
What I found the most difficult was choosing the paper and stamps!!!! My suggestion to you, if you want to try this, pick your Designer Series Paper first, then one stamp set, and finally the matching inks - and stick to this choice!!! Otherwise you will spend the rest of your day switching out colors/stamps/ideas...you get the idea.

Decorated magnet
Have a wonderful week and I hope you check back next time.












Tips to Recreate the Magnet:
First decide on the size of your magnet and cut your mat board to size 9. I used a piece that had been cut 3 1/2" x 3".
I covered this mat board with my chosen Designer Series Paper.
Then I used a variety of stamps and inks provided to recreate my art piece.
Then I attached that to the scalloped Early Expresso square mat.
Last, I glued on a piece of magnet sheeting to the back, which covered and helped secure, the rough edges of the Designer Series Paper.
See what your imagination can create.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment