I am wishing for spring so I pulled out my long neglected Stampin' Up Embossing Folder called Foral Affection and created a very simple but elegant card. I had seen a picture of a similar card on the internet some time ago and I made a sketch of it. A happy thank you to the person who shared it with us on the Internet!
Have a wonderful week!
Stampin' Up Products Used:
Tips and Tricks to Re-create this card:
Card base in Soft Suede: 11" x 4 1/4"
Mat 1 in Pool Party: 5 1/4" x 4"
Mat 2 in Soft Suede: 5" x 3 3/4"
Focal piece (embossed and inked and decorated: 4" x 2 3/4"
Inside of card: Pool party (or Very Vanilla): 5 1/4" x 4"
Scrap strip 1 1/2" wide of Very Vanilla for the flowers
Scrap strip 1 1/2" wide of Pool Party and of Vellum for banner
1. Fold your card base in half to create card.
2. Glue your Mat 1 onto card base.
3. Sponge Mat 2 with Soft Suede ink using sponge dauber (or sponge) and then glue to card.
4. Emboss focal piece with the Floral Affection embossing folder.
5. Use Pool Party ink and sponge dauber to ink up the raised embossed image and edges of focal piece.
6. Glue to matted card base.
7. Use Pool Party ink and stamp two flowers using Petite Petals onto Very Vanilla cardstock and punch out.
8. Shape your punched flowers with embossing tool (end of your piercing tool or score tool will work!) by placing stamped flowers upside down onto your Stampin' Pierce mat and "shape" the petals by pushing the petal edges down into the mat with your "tool". Then turn flower over and press the center of each flower into the mat with your "tool".
9. Glue your flowers onto the the focal piece as shown in photo.
10. Stamp your greeting with Soft Suede ink onto scrap strip of Pool Party ink and then cut out banner shape.
11. Cut out an identical banner shape from vellum scrap.
12. Attach vellum banner over stamped banner using two glue dots on either end, which will be covered with a "pearl" (see photo).
13. Attach embellished banner onto your focal piece using Stampin' Dimensionals.
14. Attach the Basic Pearl Jewels to your focal piece as desired (look at photo for ideas).
15. Stamp some Petite Petal flowers to inside of card and your envelope as desired.
Enjoy your masterpiece!