This past Saturday I met with a few of stamping buddies in Victoria and we had a wonderful day stamping and celebrating a birthday too! This card is the one I made for the birthday girl and we all loved it!
|Top of cardfront|
|Close-up of medallion - notice the pearls underneath the petals :)|
|Inside of Card|
You will notice from the photos that there are pearls hidden under the flower petal and they play double-duty: they provide some hidden bling (like an oyster) and they also hold up the petals from the card base!
I hope this card gives you some creative inspiration and you also give it a try. You can replace the pearls with rhinestones too, or leave it plain, but I prefer it with the bling!
Have a wonderful week and I look forward to you stopping by again next time!
Happy Inky Smiles
Stampin' Up Supplies Used:
Tips and Tricks to Recreate this card:
Whisper White Thick cardstock base: 11" x 4 1/4"
Whisper White scraps: Two 3" squares for the die cut stamped flowers
Pacific Point cardstock: 3 1/2" square for die cut medallion
1. Fold your Whisper White Thick cardstock piece in half to create your card base.
2. Die cut the large circle medallion from Pacific Point cardstock.
3. Using Pacific Point Ink, stamp your large flower onto the Whisper White cardstock piece twice.
4. Die cut each large flower outline as well as the inside flower.
5. Using the following ink colors, and the small decorative heart stamp, stamp each "flower petal" inside the diecut (see photos above): Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo and Perfect Plum.
6. Glue your Pacific Point die cut medallion to the bottom right of your card base as shown in photos above.
7. Glue one of the stamped and die cut flower onto the Pacific Point medallion shape.
8. Stamp your choice of greeting with Pacific Point ink onto the upper right corner of the cardbase.
9. Glue your second flower onto the cardbase towards the upper left corner so that it looks pleasing to you.
10. Now apply the Pearl Basic Jewels to your card as desired (use photo for ideas).
a. largest pearls go in the center of the flowers and underneath each petal of the flower on the Pacific Point Medallion.
b. medium sized pearls go underneath the petals of the second flower and around the points on the Pacific Point Medallion, and to the greeting (see photos above).
c. smallest pearls decorate the outside of the flower near the greeting.
d. a grouping of different sized pearls go onto the bottom left corner of card.
(I used 40 pearls for this card!)
11. Last, but not least, stamp the inside of card, as well as your envelope, as desired.
Whoo-hoo! You are finished your beautiful card! Enjoy!