I hope you had a great week - the sun has finally battled it out and is shining in my neck of the woods - whoo-hoo!
This past weekend I got to play a bit with the new Stampin' Up! May release: Eastern Palace Suite! I used a different color combination though: Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach! I also added the retiring Petite Petals punch to the mix, because I love using my punches and I think the Petite Petals Punch work really great with this new set! What do you think?
|Close-up of large die cut medallion|
|Close-up of smaller die cut medallions cut into card front.|
|Inside of card - note: greeting is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set!|
I hope you give this card a try. As always, tips & tricks located at end of post :)
Have a wonderfully creative week, and I look forward to your next visit.
Happy Inky Smiles!
Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Tips and Tricks to recreate this card:
Tempting Turquoise cardstock base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Bermuda Bay mat: 5 3/8" x 4 1/4"
Peekaboo Peach mat (inside):
Very Vanilla mat (inside):
Scraps to Peekaboo Peach: to punch out two 1 3/4" circles and 2 flowers from the Petite Petal punch
Scrap of Tempting Turquoise to punch out one flower from the Petite Petal punch
Scrap of Whisper White cardstock to stamp and punch out greeting (1 1/2" circle punch)
1. Fold your card base in half and set aside.
2. Take three dies from the Eastern Medallion die set and place onto the Bermuda Bay cardstock mat in a pleasing arrangement to you (see photo for placement ideas).
3. Run your cardstock mat with the placed dies through your Big Shot machine.
4. Ink up one of the small decorative stamps of your choice (or look at photo for idea) with the Versamark in pad and stamp the decorative element around the largest die. Cover with silver embossing powder and heat set your stamped decorative images.
5. Punch out two 1 3/4" circles from the Peekaboo cardstock.
6. Ink up one decorative circle stamp with Peekaboo Peach ink and stamp onto scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Then ink up greeting of your choice using Tempting Turquoise ink and stamp inside the stamped circle. Now punch out your stamped piece with your 1 1/2" circle punch.
7. Punch two petite petals from the Peekaboo Peach cardstock scrap.
8. Punch out one petite petal flower from the Tempting Turquoise cardstock scrap.
9. Shape your punched flowers on your stamping mat.
10. Glue one of the Peekaboo Peach punched circles behind the middle die cut medallion.
11. Glue your Bermuda Bay die cut mat to your Tempting Turquoise card base.
12. Glue your stamped greeting to the other Peekaboo circle and glue this to the largest die cut medallion.
13. Glue one Peekaboo petite petal punched flower and the Tempting Turquoise petite petal to your die cut mat as shown photo.
14. Attach the Rhinestone Basic Pearls as desired (see photo for placement ideas).
15. Glue your Very Vanilla mat to the Peekaboo mat and glue this to the inside of your card.
16. Glue on the remaining Peekaboo petite petal to the bottom right corner of your inside matted card.
17. Sign the back of your card.
18. Stamp/decorate your envelope too.
You are done! whoo-hoo! Who are you sending this card to?