Today I am sharing a trio of cards using the Designer Floral Thinlits dies from Stampin' Up! I love using this die set and, after creating the wedding card for last Saturday's Seashore Stampers Blog Hop, I carried on creating some more cards. I added greetings from the Banners for You, You're Delightful and Floral Phrases stamp sets from Stampin' Up! Enjoy!
|Die cut card trio|
|Inside of card #1|
|Close-up of card #2|
|Inside card #2|
|Close-up of card #3|
|Inside of card #3|
Have a wonderful week and see you next time!
Happy Inky Smiles!
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Tips & Tricks to recreat the cards:
Wild Wasabi cardstock: 2 pieces 11" x 4 1/4" (so one sheet cut in half)
Pear Pizzaz cardstock: 1 piece 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Berry Burst cardstock: 11" x 4 1/4" (for all three card front die cuts)
Very Vanilla: 3 pieces 5 1/4" x 4" (die cut edges of two pieces along the short 4" side)
Scrap of Gold Glimmer paper (3" x 3/4" or 1/2")
Scrap of cardstock vellum (3" x 3/4" or 1/2" (CUT THIS DOWN AFTER YOU HAVE STAMPED YOUR IMAGE!)
Long scrap of Very Vanilla cardstoc 1/4" wide (for greeting on two of the cards)
1. Fold all three card bases in half.
2. Taking the Berry Burst cardstock piece, die cut the three pieces by using the short and long dies at each end of the cardstock and the recutting the dies with the left over piece of cardstock. You will have to watch so you don't run out of cardstock! Do a dry run first!
3. Dry emboss the two Wild Wasabi pieces using embossing folder of your choice. I used the new Layered Leaves on one and Petal Burst on the other.
4. Now glue your die cut pieces to the fronts of your card bases as shown in photo.
5. For the Pear Pizzaz card you will cut notches into the ends of the Gold Glimmer strip and then, after you have stamped your greeting onto the scrap of vellum with the Berry Burst Ink, you will heat set with the clear embossing powder and heat gun.
6. Cut the vellum strip down to size and notch each end.
7. Glue down the notched Gold Glimmer strip onto card and then the vellum strip on top with Multipurpose glue.
8. Embellish the card front using Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
9. For the remaining two cards, take a 15" strip of Lace Trim and tie around the card. Before you tie each final knot, take a strip of 4" or 3 1/2" strip of Mini Gold Sequin Trim and trap inside the final knot.
10. Attach either Pearl Basic Jewels or Gold Faceted Gems to the ends of the Gold Mini Sequin Trim to finish off the ends.
11. Stamp mini birthday greeting twice onto scrap 1/4" strip of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Cut apart and attach one piece to each of the two cards as shown in photo.
12. Now all you have left to do is stamp the insides of your card pieces and die cut just the ends of two Very Vanilla pieces. See photos for details.
13. Don't forget to stamp your envelopes.
You are done all three cards and they are ready for giving!