I had my annual 2017/18 Stampin' Up! Catalogue launch party along with a hostess workshop and we all had a great time.
This is the card we made using the Flourishing Phrases stamp set from Stampin' Up! and background colouring using our acrylic blocks - everyone thought this was a great hit! Whoo-hoo! We all had ideas on using different color combinations and I know my stampin' buddies will be trying out a few at home! Have fun everyone!
|Close-up of card front centre|
|Close-up of upper left of card front|
|Close-up of card lower right|
I hope you have a wonderful week and you too will give this stamping idea a try.
I look forward to seeing you again next week!
Happy inky smiles!
Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Tips & Tricks to recreate this card:
Whisper White Thick cardstock card base: 11" x 4 1/4"
Whisper White Thick cardstock stamping piece: 3 3/8" x 3 1/8"
1. Take the Lemon Lime Twist Ink pad and ink up half your "D" acrylic block.
2. Take the Tranquil Tide Ink pad and ink up the other half of the "D" acrylic block.
3. Take your Stampin' Spritzer filled with water and spray your acrylic block (about three spritzes - the more water, the more the ink with spread).
4. Stamp the acrylic block onto your Whisper White stamping piece and set aside to dry.
5. Fold your card base in half and then taking the flower spray stamp from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set, ink it up with Tranquil Tide and stamp first into one corner and the reink your stamp, turn your card around and stamp again into the oposite diagonal corner (you will overlapping the stamped image in the middle of your card but your stamped piece will cover this).
6. Check to see if your stamped acrylic block piece is dry. If not, heat set with your heat gun, or wait a bit and check back again in a bit. You need your stamped piece dry before you stamp your greeting over top.
7. If your stamped piece is dry, go ahead and ink up the greeting of your choice with Tranquil Tide Ink and stamp over the inked background (see photos for placement ideas).
8. Take a sponge and ink up all edges of both your card base and your stamped piece with Tranquil Tide Ink (or, as some of my gals did, they sponged their cards with Lemon Lime Twist ink - looks really sharp too).
9. Apply Stampin' Dimensionals to the back and attach your stamped piece to your stamped cardbase.
10. Take the Fine Tip Glue Pen and apply glue to all the spots where you want glitter to bet. Then apply the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over the glue and tap excess glue off.
11. Stamp the inside of your card if you wish and also remember to stamp your envelope.
Ta-Da! You are finished! Now wasn't that a fast card? You can make this style card in any color combination you desire! See where your imagination takes you!