Monday, October 30, 2017

Marble Swirl Fall Leaves - Happy Halloween!

Hello stamping friends!
I hope you had a great weekend!



Marbled background with leaves

I sure did!  See what I made?
I spent some time with my Paper Pumpkin buddies yesterday afternoon and I adapted September 2017 Paper Pumpkin's project idea with the lovely background stamp called Marbled from Stampin' Up!, which I borrowed from one of my stamping buddies! I think this card turned out just beautiful!


Close-up of stamped, die-cut leaves and embellished with ribbon trims
What do you think?

You can definitely change up the color by using any combination you wish!  The Vintage Leaves stamp set and the matching Leaflets Framelits dies (both from Stampin' Up!) make putting this card together really fun and easy!


I hope I have inspired you here today. Have a wonderful week and see you again next time.








Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:



Tips and Tricks to recreate this card:
Cut:
Cajun Craze cardstock cardbase: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White cardstock 2 pieces 5 1/4" x 4" (one for stamping and the other for inside of card)
Scraps of:
Tranquil Tide, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist, Vellum
Next:
1. Fold card base in half and set aside.
2.  Ink up your Marbled background stamp with Lemon Lime Twist.  Then, taking your Tranquil Tide ink pad, swipe over areas you want colored with this ink (you can also tap ink onto the background stamp using your daubers - you choose!)  Now take one piece of the Whisper white cardstock and place over your inked background stamp, place a scrap piece of paper over top and then use your hands to "ink" up your cardstock piece.
3. Glue this onto your card base.
4.  Ink up your leaf image with Crushed Curry and then swipe over smaller areas of the leaf with Cajun Craze ink and then Tranquil Tide Ink.
5.  Die cut your stamped leaf image (or cut out with your paper snips).
6.  Now die cut two more matching leaves using your scraps of Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide cardstock pieces.
7.  Punch out a vellum leaf using your Leaf punch.
8.  Assemble your leaves by placing a strip of Snail onto backside of your stamped leaf image and placing this onto your Lemon Lime Twist leaf; then another strip of Snail and onto the Traquil Tide leaf.
9.  Place your vellum punched leaf over top using a glue dot.
10.  Tie a 12" piece of the baker's twine (I used what I had from my Paper Pumpkin kit, but alternatives are the Crushed Curry Bakers Twine or the Linen Thread) around your leaf stems (place a 2" strip of the mini sequin trim over the tied twine and tie a knot.  Now tie your bow.
11.  Attach your assembled leaf to your background stamped card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
12.  Ink up your choice of greeting (I used Happy Halloween from Teeny Tiny Wishes) with Cajun Craze ink and stamp onto a scrap of Crushed Curry cardstock.  Now punch out with the Classic Label punch (or cut out freehand using your paper snips) (I also punched out a strip from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock which I placed glued right underneath my greeting).
13.  Attach your greeting using Stampin' Dimensionals.
14.  Stamp and attach your second piece of Whisper White cardstock to the inside of your card.
15.  Sign back of card. Make a matching envelope (yes, I still need to do this so don't feel bad if you haven't either by this point!)
Enjoy your stamped creation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment